BIG STORM - Powers Back

    Last night my power went out somewhere between 4:30 and 5:00 pm and it wasn't restored until the wee hours of the morning. I wish that I could have visited everyones blogs yesterday but I couldn't.  I'll be visiting shortly, though. I have never seen rain that came down in sheets like it did yesterday. I couldn't even see my car! Other than that, it was so, so boring yesterday without any electricity available. I am just thankful that my power is up and running again.
    From Tribune-Review - "Wind gusts estimated at nearly 70 mph sent trees crashing onto cars in Mt. Lebanon and Banksville, according to National Weather Service reports and emergency dispatchers. Small hail was reported across the South Hills, the weather service said."

    "About 100,000 Duquesne Light and Allegheny Power customers lost power at the height of the storm.


    Lightning shattered the steeple at a former South Side church housing the Pittsburgh Action Against Rape offices, sending the wooden, brick and copper structure through the roof and ceilings of the three-story building on South 19th Street."

    '"There's a steeple on my chair," said Leah Vallone, the center's supervisor of crisis intervention, who escaped injury because she was in a meeting. "I was religious, but I think I will be even more so now."'

    Here is a link to a video showing some of the aftermath of the storm - http://kdka.com/video/?id=76202@kdka.dayport.comSource URL: http://outlawrepublican.blogspot.com/2010/09/big-storm-powers-back.html
    Visit Out law republican for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive