Snow, Glorious Snow! Or Not? -- Father Knows Best

    It was one heck of a journey getting home from classes today.  SNOW!, Glorious, SNOW! . Or NOT?  Thank God for there being a neutral gear.  The neutral gear is very useful in inclement weather.  While driving home, and what seemed to be before the snow plows and salt trucks made it to the back roads, I almost went swivy swervy into the next lane.  Well, may dad has given me great driving advice over the years.  My dad was a great driving instructor!!!  He has always emphasized to me the importance of using neutral when going sliding in the snow.  As the saying goes, Father knows best!  And, it is oh, so true!  Then, while traveling on a busier route a dang truck splashed a huge amount of slush and snow right on my windshield and I couldn't get my wipers to work for a few seconds. Well, I was close to panicking.  I tell you, those moments felt like an eternity to me at the time.  Thank goodness I got my wipers to work, and I didn't crash into anyone in front of me and no car crashed into me either.  I do believe that God was watching out for me.  It ended up taking me about three times the normal amount of time it usually takes for me to get home.  The back roads were awful. I was lucky there weren't too many cars out on the road.  We are forecasted to get anywhere between 10 and 14 inches.  My husband gets done with work at midnight and I am supposed to be picking him up tonight.  Oh BOY!  We'll see how picking him up goes. Round 2 with SNOW, glorious, SNOW., or NOT?  He might end up calling a cab and I hope the cab drivers will still be working with the snow accumulating like it is, because I really hate driving in the snow.   I am home, safe, warm and in my apartment relaxing for now. 

    Here is an episode from the T.V. show, Father Knows Best:

    Source URL: http://outlawrepublican.blogspot.com/2010/02/snow-glorious-snow-or-not-father-knows.html
    Visit Out law republican for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive