Lagy Gaga bankrupt

    Lagy Gaga bankrupt

    Lady Gaga: 'I went bankrupt' and was '$3 million in debt' after extending my Monster Ball tour

    There's plenty of perks that come with being one of the world's rising pop superstars, but not having to pay the bills isn't one of them.

    "I actually went bankrupt after the first extension of The Monster Ball," Lady Gaga said in an interview with Stephen Fry for the Financial Times.
    "And it was funny," she continued, "because I didn't know!"
    Gaga described calling various people and asking, "Why is every­one saying I have no money? This is ridiculous; I have five No. 1 singles …"
    "And they said, 'Well, you're $3 million in debt,' " she recounted.
    At that point, the high costs associated with every revision made to her concert tour were paid for by Gaga herself.
    "It's honestly true that money means nothing to me," she told Fry. "The only big things I've purchased are my dad's heart valve and a Rolls-Royce for my parents, for their anniversary."

    he singer even explained that she bought the new car just so her dad would no longer have a "Lady Gaga" license plate, which caused him to get "followed everywhere"
    "Other than that," she said, "I put everything in the show."
    The extravagance – of everything from her stage décor to her costumes – isn't a frill that Gaga is willing to do away with anytime soon. It's art.
    "I live halfway between reality and fantasy at all times because I choose to, and anyone can choose that," she explained. "I believe everybody has something so magical about themselves."
    "Why, as a society, are we so afraid of magic? Why is magic synonymous with artifice? Why is the fantastic synonymous with a lie?" she wondered aloud.
    "If art is a lie," she told Fry, "then I will tell that lie every day until it's f--king true."

    Read more: Nydailynews
    Source URL: http://outlawrepublican.blogspot.com/2011/05/lagy-gaga-bankrupt.html
    Visit Out law republican for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive